Pleasure Craft Licence and Operator Card

Pleasure Craft Licence

A pleasure craft licence is a unique identification number. It helps trace a vessel to its owner. In an emergency, law enforcement and search and rescue organizations can use this number to locate a vessel.

You must license your Licensed pleasure craft if it has a motor of 7.5 kW (10 horsepower) or more. 

You will be fined $250 if your pleasure craft does not have a valid licence, or is not registered.

For more detailed information, please visit Licensing a pleasure craft at Transport Canada Website

Pleasure Craft Operator Card

In Canada, all persons who operate a pleasure craft must carry proof of competency on board if the pleasure craft has any type of motor, including an electric trolling motor, and is used for recreational purposes. Not carrying your Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) when one is required can result in a fine. 

Get your eduaction and get certified online.